Friday, March 30, 2007

101,000 Empty Homes In Scotland - or may be 76,000

The General Registry Office for Scotland released it's "Household Estimates for Scotland" report yesterday apparently showing 101,000 empty homes in Scotland, 4.2% of the total housing stock. In fact the data also includes second homes and holiday homes which they were not able to disaggregate. Comparable data for England and Wales is disaggregated and shows 3.2% of the housing stock is empty and 0.7% is used as holiday homes and second homes, a total of 3.9% . If the same same proportions existed in Scotland it would mean that there are 76,000 empty homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment